Apply to join the UNRWA USA team!
Reports to: Director of Communications
Status: salaried, full-time one-year contract beginning March 2016 with the potential to extend
Location: Washington, DC
Application due: Monday, February 1, 2016
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to utilize and further develop their communications skills and experience to help build UNRWA USA’s communications activity across all platforms, raising awareness, interest, and funds for the organization.
What we want you to do:
- Support the Director of Communications in implementing communications strategies that meet the organization's strategic goals;
- Assist in developing, maintaining and updating online content as directed by the Director of Communications, including website, social media, and blog;
- Write content as needed for fundraising appeals, press releases, online and email communications, publications, brochures, and other materials;
- Implement organization’s social media strategy;
- Build and manage UNRWA USA’s volunteer program;
- Research, maintain and update media lists and stakeholder contacts;
- Work with vendors to produce mailers and other marketing collateral;
- Assist with migration of data to new CRM, including donor data entry and cleanup; Update and maintain email lists;
- Update and maintain online campaign pages and corresponding donation forms;
- Prepare photography, video, and other media for publication;
- Assist with stewardship activities.
Why you’ll love us:
Our team is awesome. We love what we do, and we genuinely enjoy working together. And we offer an exceptional benefits package, including:
- Health insurance;
- Paid holidays;
- Generous paid time off;
- Convenient location on K Street near the red, orange, blue, and silver metro lines.
Why we’ll love you:
- You’re innovative and know how to take initiative while working in a collaborative, fast-paced, creative environment with a small team;
- You’re known for your can-do spirit, passion, resourcefulness, consistency, and people skills;
- You have 2-4 years in nonprofit communications, web and print design, individual and/or grassroots fundraising, website editing, and/or database management;
- You're up-to-date on current trends and technologies;
- You have a strong command of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and CRMs (preferably Salesforce);
- You have at least a BA/BS in a related field.
Skill we’d like you to have (not required):
- A strong understanding of UNRWA’s work and the situation for Palestinian refugees;
- Spoken Arabic language skills;
- Experience working with the Arab American community.
If you are interested in a terrific opportunity to work with a passionate and growing team, please submit the following materials by Monday, February 1, 2016 to our Director of Communications, Laila Mokhiber: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- In lieu of a traditional written cover letter, submit a 1-2 minute video to showcase your personality, creativity, enthusiasm, and communication skills. This is your chance to have fun and show off any video skills;
- Any relevant work samples (website design, print materials, videos, writing samples, etc);
- Salary requirements;
- Names and contact information of two professional references.
About UNRWA USA:
UNRWA USA is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that supports the work of UNRWA in the United States through fundraising, advocacy, and outreach. UNRWA, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees, provides humanitarian assistance, human development programs, and emergency relief to over 5 million Palestine refugees living in Gaza, the West Bank, Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Volunteer with UNRWA USA
Click here to apply
Intern with UNRWA USA
Click here to view UNRWA USA's current internship positions.