Current job openings at UNRWA USA
Position: Fundraising Events Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
This is an exciting opportunity to join the UNRWA USA team! As our Events Officer you'll have the opportunity to significantly support and advance the work of UNRWA USA, primarily through outreach and fundraising events and campaigns across the US. As we are a small staff, the following responsibilities may shift and new projects may be added.
- Create, plan, and implement medium and long-term events strategy;
- Schedule, execute, and coordinate logistics for all events and activities for the purpose of meeting fundraising and outreach goals.
- Events include: Gaza 5K, donor stewardship and cultivation events, panel discussions, roundtables, receptions with UNRWA officials, and charity auctions;
- Cultivate and maintain meaningful relationships with sponsors and vendors;
- Draft compelling proposals and negotiate contracts;
- Act as primary liaison in the coordination of third-party events that benefit UNRWA USA;
- Collaborate with Finance/Admin Officer to forecast and manage budgets;
- Work with the Communications Officer to identify and build relationships with like-minded individuals and organizations across the US for the purpose of event collaboration;
- Manage nationwide calendar of events of interest, coordinate UNRWA USA presence;
- Handle follow up, evaluate and report ROI for each event.
Gaza 5K Race Director:
- Serve as the race director for the Gaza 5K walk/run, our signature event, planning a minimum of four (4) races annually in key cities across the US;
- Prospect and secure financial and in-kind sponsors for each race;
- Manage relationships with various parks departments for permits and onsite logistics;
- Collaborate with the Communications Officer to develop and implement 5K outreach strategy;
- Manage any contracts/relationships with vendors;
- Book and confirm related travel logistics for UNRWA USA staff;
- Manage volunteers and staff onsite.
Why we’ll love you:
- You know how to take initiative, while working in a collaborative, fast-paced, creative environment with a small team;
- You’re known for your can-do spirit, resourcefulness, and people skills;
- You have 3-5 years in nonprofit event planning, fundraising, and volunteer management;
- You have a demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding fundraising goals;
- You’re a pro at crafting effective emails and dialing the phone, and public speaking doesn’t scare you
- You have the ability to manage simultaneous events of varying scales and different timelines;
- You are able to work events from start to finish throughout the year, includes nights and weekends
- You are willing to travel at least one time a month;
- You have at least a BA/BS in a related field;
Preferred, but not required:
- A strong understanding of UNRWA’s work and the situation for Palestinian refugees;
- Spoken Arabic language skills;
- Experience working with the Arab American community;
Why you’ll love us:
Our team is awesome. We love what we do, and we genuinely enjoy working together. And we offer an exceptional benefits package, including:
- Health insurance
- 401K package
- Paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Convenient location on K Street near the red, orange, blue, and silver metro lines.
If you are interested in a terrific opportunity to work with a passionate and growing team, please submit the following materials by July 19, 2015 to email@example.com:
- Cover letter that clearly outlines experience and qualifications, and salary requirements;
- Names and contact information of two professional references;
About UNRWA USA:
UNRWA USA is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that supports the work of UNRWA in the United States through fundraising, advocacy, and outreach. UNRWA, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees, provides humanitarian assistance, human development programs, and emergency relief to over 5 million Palestine refugees living in Gaza, the West Bank, Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Intern with UNRWA USA
Click here to view UNRWA USA's current internship positions.