Canadian friends! Run for Palestine-Ottawa is a not-for-profit athletic organization based in Ottawa, Ontario. The association aims at promoting the sport and a healthy lifestyle in a green and friendly setting.
Register today for their Gaza run/walk & BBQ taking place on Sunday, September 25, 2016 at Aviation Parkway starting at the Aviation Museum, Ottawa, ON!
Proceeds from the run will fund UNRWA's Community Mental Health Program (CMHP) to help empower vulnerable refugees in Gaza, especially children, to better cope with the extreme challenges they face on a daily basis. Through the program, UNRWA provides school counselling, group sessions, and even at home counseling for those in need who are unable to travel.
$40,000 C.D. was raised last year. Sign up now to help reach this year's $50,000 C.D. goal!
Other important details:
- Registration Time: 8:00 am – 9:30 am
- Race Start Time: 10:00 am
- Runers 40$ USD - Students/Walkers 30$ USD - Children 20$ USD
- Kids activities: foOBZ "bubble football soccer", face painting, balloon making, bouncy castles and arts and crafts
- Cultural activities: Dabka, live singing, and DJ
- BBQ party after the run
- Souvenir t-shirt and medals for all participants!
- We are running no matter what the weather is!